Cannabis Medical Tourism Puerto Rico
Enjoy every sunset
Article 91- Medical Tourism
All patients under Act No. 196-2010, as amended, known as the "Tourism Act Doctor of Puerto Rico "or non-resident patient, may obtain and consume the Medicinal Cannabis During your stay in Puerto Rico provided the following conditions are met:
1. For a patient from any jurisdiction of the United States of America: to.
a. Have a valid authorized patient card issued by any jurisdiction where there is legislation authorizing the use of cannabis for medical purposes.
b. That the jurisdiction requires prior to the issuance of an identification card similar or equivalent to the Identification Card for the use of Medicinal Cannabis, that an authorized physician evaluates and recommends that the use of Medicinal Cannabis can alleviate the symptoms or effects of its condition Medical;
c. That the medical condition is one of those contemplated in the Regulations;
d. That the card has an expiration date and is current;
e. Obtain a recommendation from a licensed physician in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico;
f. The cardholder will also certify that he / she knows that he / she will only be able to obtain for his / her consumption the permitted amount of Medicinal Cannabis in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, that is, an ounce and a half (1 ½) per day.
2. For a patient not from the United States of America:
a. Obtain a recommendation from a licensed physician in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
b. That it presents evidence of its medical record that evidences a medical condition contemplated in this Regulation.
Article 92- Use of Medicinal Cannabis by Non-Resident Patients
A. For the purposes of this Regulation a non-resident patient is one who has a valid card as an authorized patient of any of the States that has legislation that allows the use of Medicinal Cannabis.
B. The authorized amount of consumption of Medicinal Cannabis is that contemplated in Article 8.
C. The cardholder can only consume Medicinal Cannabis through the means authorized by this Regulation.
D. Under no circumstances, while in Puerto Rico you may have Medicinal Cannabis in your possession for use in an amount greater than that authorized by this Regulation.
E. The consumption of Medicinal Cannabis will be made in the places allowed by this Regulation.
Article 93 - Use of Non-resident Patient Card from any jurisdiction Of the United States of America:
A. Only non-resident authorized patient cards will be recognized when the following conditions are met:
1. have a valid card of an authorized patient of any of the jurisdictions that has legislation that allows the use of Medicinal Cannabis;
2. that in such jurisdiction, the person carrying an authorized patient card or authorized companion shall not be penalized for the use of Medicinal Cannabis;
3. that the jurisdiction requires that prior to the issuance of the Patient Card an authorized physician evaluates and recommends that the use of Medicinal Cannabis can relieve the symptoms or effects of their medical condition;
4. that the medical condition is one of those contemplated in the Regulation;
5. that the card has an expiration date and is current.
6. that the jurisdiction issuing that card maintains a database that maintains information that allows verifying the authenticity or validity of the resident's pacient card if necessary;
7. that the jurisdiction issuing the card allows the Office of Controlled Substances and Medicinal Cannabis access to the database or provides another mechanism to validate and / or authenticate the card presented;
8. that the jurisdiction determines that the database can provide the Medicinal Cannabis dispensaries with accurate and up-to-date information so that the dispensary can verify that the cardholder is authorized to have such a card.
9. The non-resident resident card shall also certify that he / she knows that he / she can only obtain for consumption the permitted amount of Medicinal Cannabis in the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico by means of this Regulation, that is, an ounce and a half per day.
Article 94- Designation of a Medical Cannabis Dispensary for Non-Resident Patients
A. A non-resident patient or their designated companion with a valid card will designate their dispensary once it is evaluated by an authorized physician in Puerto Rico.
1. The designation will be for the duration of your stay in Puerto Rico, not more than thirty (30) days.
2. Such designation shall be notified to the Office within twenty-four (24) hours of such designation.
3. This designation may be changed once within the thirty (30) day period.